Shimmy-a-thon Official Rules
- All Dancers are eligible to participate in the event (male, female and over the age of 18).
- Shimmy-a-thon is open to all Shimmiers 18 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 18
please Contact Us for special permission.
- Only registered participants may participate in the Shimmy-a-thon.
- Shimmiers must raise $75 by registration to be eligible for shimmy contest and the associated prizes.
- Only the Knee/Hip Shimmy is acceptable for the contest and prizes. Shimmy must be constant and in both legs/knees. If Shimmier stops the shimmy at any time that time is recorded as total Shimmy time.
- Each Shimmier will be assigned a Staff Member to watch the clock and record the time for that participant. Depending on number of participants, shifts may be assigned to accommodate a large number of Shimmiers.
- Participation in the show is limited to the first acts who turn in the minimum fund raising goal and all available dance slots are filled. Solo performance slots are open to those who raise a minimum of $50. Duet performance slots are open to dancers who raise $100 or more. Troupe performances will be open to troupes who raise $150 or more. A combination of fund raising and ticket sales to reach the total will apply to show eligibility if submitted by August 1, 2010.
Donations & Prizes:
- Sponsors can donate a set amount to the charity; there will not be a per minute
donation option this year.
- All collected Shimmy donations must be submitted to the Shimmy-a-thon organizational
committee by August 22nd, 2010 to be counted in your total towards prize allocation.
- To qualify for show participation, funds must be submitted by August 1st, 2010.
- For prize information please click here.
- Door prizes may be awarded for the teacher that signs up most students to shimmy,
most supporters present, or through random drawing.
Day of Shimmy Contest:
- Shimmiers will show up at the venue 30 minutes prior to Shimmy-a-thon to
register and turn in any donations.
- Shimmy-a-thon will start promptly at the designated time and go until
the last Shimmier stops shimmying.
- Event Staff will be available to deliver water to Shimmiers during competition.
- We recommend that all Dancers wear dance shoes of some kind to the competition.
- Event Coordinators, Staff, our Charity Partner and our Sponsors are not liable for
any personal property loss or personal injury as a result of participating in this event.
- Performers and Shimmiers who talk to the press prior to or at the event should not represent
Shimmy-a-thon or the Event Staff without previous permission. You are welcome to discuss it
from your own perspective, but please do not represent the event staff or sponsors in any way.
- Performers' and Shimmiers’ photographs may be used on the web site after the event and literature
for next year’s event without the express written consent of the Performer or Shimmier. By agreeing
to participate in the event, the Performer and/or Shimmier is releasing the rights to use their image or likeness in promotional items or video.